Assignment due: Find a DH project
At the beginning of class, each student will give a “pitch” for the DH project they found through the Find a DH Project assignment. We will vote as a class to choose which of those projects will be evaluated in Project Critique 3. We will then turn to the readings and discuss several ways that DH work can operate beyond screens and 2D.
- Making the Model: Scholarship and Rhetoric in 3-D Historical Reconstructions, Elaine Sullivan, Angel David Nieves, and Lisa M. Snyder, Making things and drawing boundaries: Experiments in the digital humanities, Jentery Sayers, ed. 2017
- Hearing eugenics, Sounding out!, 2016
- Touching Data Through Personal Devices: Engaging Somatic Practice and Haptic Design in Felt Experiences of Personal Data
- ‘We give access to a lost world’: Assassin’s Creed’s new life as a virtual museum , The Guardian, March 27, 2018
- Catherine d’Ignazio and Lauren F. Klein, “Ch. 3: On Rational, Scientific, Objective Viewpoints from Mythical, Imaginary, Impossible Standpoints”, Data Feminism, MIT Press, 2020, p. 73-96, [Available through MSU Libraries as an ebook]